You Make Me Happy
The sketch challenge at Craft Project Central this month is so fun. Here’s the CPC76 sketch designed by Regina.
It’s a fun gatefold card. Here’s my take on the sketch. You’ll see I didn’t change much at all; I took the sketch almost entirely at face value. And, of course, I used all Stampin’ Up! products.
I love the This Little Piggy stamp set, and this one in particular always makes me smile. I stamped him in Tuxedo Black Memento on Very Vanilla Cardstock, then colored with Pink Pirouette, Ivory, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, and Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends. (And, wow – does it look unblended in the photo. Yowzers. It looks so much better in real life. I’ll go back and add some more blending!)
I hadn’t planned to use the Ivory marker, but I picked it up, thinking it was another color. It worked out ok, though, because pigs really aren’t pink, so it toned the pink down a bit.
Instead of stamping on the front of the card, I used some Wood Textures Designer Series Paper. The stamped layer is adhered to a piece of Fresh Fig Cardstock. I die-cut the cloud and the heart using the Up & Away Thinlits.
You can see my original post with Regina’s card here. Every month, Craft Project Central has a sketch challenge – Creating Pretty Cards. For every 10 entries, one winner is randomly drawn. The winner will receive a one month subscription of his/her choice. Fun, right? And this is a great sketch. Take advantage and enter your card today! Post your card to a forum, blog, or web site, then add the link to the challenge post using the linkup button. Please be sure to link your card, not just the site it’s coming from, so people can see it without having to search. Here are the “rules” for the challenge.
- Share cards related to each month’s card challenge using Stampin’ Up! supplies only.
- Post the card to your blog or other online forum (e.g. SplitCoastStampers).
- When posting the card to your blog or other online forum consider using as a keyword CPCX, with the X representing the card challenge number. E.g. For this our 76th challenge it would be CPC76.
- Use the link tool below to link to your card (not just your blog, please).
- If posting to your blog, please link back to Craft Project Central.
- Leave comments for those that share their card creations! Thank you!
- Try to advertise with your creations.
- Use non-Stampin’ Up! supplies, stamp sets, ribbon, accessories, etc. on your creations.
That’s it! Join the fun, and you could win a free subscription!
Oh – and speaking of Stampin’ Blends, comment on, share, or like the Stampin’ Up! Facebook post about the Stampin’ Blends giveaway for a chance to win the grand prize or all the markers, or to be one of 100 winners to get a combo pack!
Thanks for stopping by Stamping with Buffy. Have a wonderful day!