Hello, friends, and welcome back to Stamping with Buffy. Tonight was our monthly technique night, and Nadine showed us this fun Mosaic Technique. Here’s the card I made following Nadine’s instructions and colors.
I forgot to hit the record button (again), but I’ll share Nadine’s written instructions.
First, you need:
- One 11″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Basic Black Cardstock, scored at 5-1/2″ to make a standard card base.
- One 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Basic White Cardstock for the inside of the card.
- Two additional pieces of 3-3/4″ x 5″ Basic Black Cardstock
- Four or five pieces of coordinating card stock cut to 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ each. Nadine used Basic White, Bermuda Bay, Parakeet Party, Night of Navy, and Daffodil Delight. (I used these same colors in my example)
- Basic Black Cardstock for sentiment
- Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Silicone Craft Sheet
- Cut the five colors of 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ card stock in thin triangles. With the 4-1/4″ side at the top of the paper cutter, place the top of the card stock at the cutting line (or a little to the right of it) and the bottom at the 3/4″ mark that’s to the right of the cutting line. They don’t all have to be the same size.
- Glue the card stock strips across the 3-3/4″ x 5″ Basic Black Cardstock. I like using the Multipurpose Liquid Glue best (with the Silicone Craft Sheet!). The ends should hang off the edges. Leave about 1/8″ to 1/4″ between the strips.
- Trim the pieces that are hanging over the edge of the Basic Black Cardstock.
- Cut the Basic Black Cardstock with the glued strips at angles (lengthwise), just like you did the navy, white, Bermuda, yellow, and green card stock.
- Glue these across the other 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Basic Black Cardstock again letting the ends hang off and leaving a little space between each strip. Try to vary the card stock so you don’t have like colors together.
- Trim the ends that hang over the edges of the Basic Black Cardstock.
- Adhere this mosaic piece to the Basic Black card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I may or may not have my mosaic background going the wrong way, but I still like it!
I stamped the sentiment from the Good Feelings Stamp Set using Versamark Ink, then embossed it with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder. I used the Stitched Rectangles Dies to cut it out and adhered it to the card with more Stampin’ Dimensionals. I had some leftover Rhinestones from the Waves of Inspiration Bundle, so I added some of those to the card. These are no longer available, but it’s easy to color Rhinestone Basic Jewels with Stampin’ Blends to get the colors you want. I also had one extra mosaic triangle, so I added it to the inside of the card.
When I first saw this, I thought, “Oh, goodness! We have to cut all those little rectangles and glue them to the card? I will have a mess.” But since we cut and glued strips, then cut that into strips, it was very quick and simple!
Thanks, Nadine, for showing us this fun technique, and thank you for stopping by Stamping with Buffy. Have a wonderful day!