Playful Alphabet with New Horizons
Welcome back, Friends! I have another “retiring product” project for you today. This idea was CASEd from the amazing Shannon West. Shannon is a Stampin’ Up!® demonstrator, but she also is a Demonstrator Development Manager (DDM) for Stampin’ Up!® and a fabulous artist and creator. I always enjoy her presentations at Stampin’ Up!® events.
She posted a darling pop-up card recently, and I had to try it!
Here’s my version with the New Horizons Designer Series Paper (DSP).
Aren’t these cute? I simply die-cut the letters and characters from New Horizons DSP using the Playful Alphabet Dies. Easy!! Except Mike thought the “A” looked funny, so I cut small triangles to kind of match the DSP behind each and added it to the card. I am going to miss both the cute alphabet dies and the gorgeous DSP. But while the dies are retiring at the end of the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (May 2), the paper won’t retire until June 30 since it’s in the January-June Mini Catalog. If you love it, though, order it now. Once the “Last Chance” list for the mini catalog comes out, products are while supplies last.
Here’s what the inside looks like.
This is such an easy pop-up! Both cards are on a Misty Moonlight Cardstock base. For the card on the left, I cut a 5-1/4″ x 8″ piece of Basic White Cardstock. I scored the 8″ side at 4″ and burnished the fold with my Bone Folder. Next, I laid the letters below the score, and lightly marked how tall and wide the pop-up needed to be with a pencil.
Next, with the Basic White insert closed, I snipped two lines perpendicular to and past the score line, making sure that my “stage” would be wide enough and tall enough for my letters. Again, using my bone folder and a ruler, I scored at the top and bottom of the stage so it would pop out. (Please ignore the extra score lines. I got a little carried away and forgot to stop.) Finally, I added the letters and characters, giving me lots of room to write a little note.
To add the insert to the card, I used Stampin’ Seal on the top half of the back of the Basic White insert. Lining up the center score lines, I adhered the top half of the insert to the card base. Then I added adhesive to the bottom half and closed the card base over the insert. This way always seems to line up better for me.
For the card on the right, I tried something different. The insert is the same size (5-1/4″ x 8″, scored at 4″), but I created a stage from Basic White Cardstock. It’s about 2-1/2″ x 4-1/4″. (The size will depend on what you’re having pop up.) I scored both long sides at about 1/4″ from the edge, then scored lengthwise down the middle. I adhered both long edges to the insert, lining up the center score lines. (Tip: Use your Silicone Craft Sheet so you don’t get stray adhesive!) The insert was added to the card base the same way as the first one.
This is such a fun pop-up – and it’s very easy. If you want more visuals, I have a video in this post. It’s not the same card, but it’s the same idea.
Thanks for stopping by Stamping with Buffy. Have a lovely day!