Just Kidding

I have a new favorite set…It’s the new photopolymer set, Just Kidding.  It has the cutest sentiments.  If I have a choice between sweet and funny, I’ll usually go with funny.  Everyone in my family has a kind of quirky sense of humor, so this set is perfect.

Stampin' Up!, Just Kidding

Is that cute, or what?  I challenged myself to use colors I don’t usually use – like Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, and Rich Razzleberry.  Even Baked Brown Sugar (ok, it’s only the “shadow” under the chaise and the hair, but it’s there) I keep forgetting about.  Melon Mambo got shelved for Strawberry Slush (true confessions:  I like Melon Mambo better. Sorry, Susan), Tempting Turquoise got passed by for Bermuda Bay, and Rich Razzleberry has always been hard for me to use.  Really, all the Brights – except for maybe Daffodil Delight and Old Olive – are at the bottom of my go-to list.  I gravitate toward Neutrals and either Subtles or Regals, depending on the season.  But I love the way this turned out.

I used Shimmery White card stock for the image.  It works really well if you want to watercolor.  For ink, I used Jet Black StazOn Ink and Stampin’ Write Markers.  I used the Oval Framelits Collection for the image and the Word Bubbles framelits for the sentiment.

I know just who I’m going to send this to!  If I can find it when her birthday comes around…Maybe I’ll have to make another.

Thanks for stopping by Stamping with Buffy.  Have a wonderful day!

About buffycooper

Among other things, I am a musician who enjoys papercrafting (specifically with rubber stamps), a Stampin' Up!® demonstrator, Christian, wife and mom to two great boys.
This entry was posted in Photopolymer stamps and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Just Kidding

1. Susan Horr says:

It is ok Buffy. I put a suggestion in the sandbox for SU to substitute Crisp Cantaloupe for Blushing Bride. They loved the idea!

Liked by 1 person

2. Carol says:

The brights are my favorites, so kudos for stepping out of your comfort zone. I like the Stamp set too.

Liked by 1 person

3. buffycooper says:

And did you notice – no orange of any color with the turquoise??

4. Carol says:

I did notice!

Liked by 1 person

5. Susan Horr says:

What is wrong with orange and turquoise. I like orange and turquoise! That is better than Blushing Bride and turquoise!

• buffycooper says:

I do, too. And I tend to use those colors a lot, which makes those who aren’t Miami Dolphins fans a bit, um, less than enthusiastic about sending the card!

• Carol says:

Buffy has been treated to more than one ranting of my dislike of turquoise and orange together. It goes back to when I was 5 and the Dolphins beat the Redskins in the SuperBowl. Let’s just say my loyalties run deep. 🙂

6. Kathy Ireland says:

I’m a regals fan, myself. Brights are my last choice but , like Old Olive, too. Love the card, though.