Fall-i-days Halloween Hop

This post will remain at the top through Sunday, September 16. For more recent blogs, please scroll down.

Halloween Llama HopWelcome to another Fall-i-day Blog Hop!  We’ve been working on some fall projects that are suitable for Halloween, Thanksgiving or other fall events.  If you’re following the hop in order, you arrived here from Marsha Reed’s blog.  Marsha does some really creative things!  If you’re just starting out, that’s ok.  You can click the “Next” links on each blog and still hit them all.  You can go to the home page any time by clicking the “home”button.

Halloween llama hop, treats, candy, Stampin' up

Click on photo to view larger image.

This is from an older project – here.  I created the card with the Greeting Card Kids image with MDS.  I love digital crafting, because you can resize the images.  This one is much larger than the rubber stamp version.  I printed the image of the little girl, then cut her out and placed her on an accordion pumpkin.  I used the Full Heart punch to create the pumpkin.  I like to think this little girl is guarding the  treats – a bag of “Harvest Mix” candy corn and pumpkins.  I used the Ghoulish Googlies Designer Kit from the Stampin’ Up! Holiday catalog and the Googly Ghouls stamp set.  To create the bag, I inked sponge daubers with stazon (White and Black) and dabbed them onto the bag.  Then I added Pumpkin Pie dots over the white, and poured glitter over all of it.  That was an idea Shannon West showed us at convention, and I loved it!

Halloween llama blog hop, Stampin' Up!, Googly Ghouls, Big Shot, Petite Purse

Click on photo to view larger image.

Here’s another Petite Purse idea.  I turned it upside down and made a little coffin for the candy.  This is another Shannon West idea.  I also used some elements of the Ghoulish Googlies kit with the Googly Ghouls stamp set.  I love those little googly eyes, don’t you?  I made little stands for the mummy and Frankie (whose face is a little green!  I think he must have eaten too much Halloween candy!  I think I picked up a Gumball Green marker instead of Lucky Limeade).  The small cellophane bags in the Stampin’ Up! annual catalog fit very well in the Petite Purse boxes.

Your next hop stop is the spectacular Kath Ricks’ blog.  Kath is one of my favorite stampers.  Her projects always inspire me!  Enjoy the rest of the hop!

Home button - halloween llama hop

Click here to go to the Hop Home Page.

Halloween Llama Hop Next Button

Click here to go to Kath Ricks’ blog.

Back button

Click here to go back to Marsha Reed’s blog.

About buffycooper

Among other things, I am a musician who enjoys papercrafting (specifically with rubber stamps), a Stampin' Up!® demonstrator, Christian, wife and mom to two great boys.
This entry was posted in Halloween and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Fall-i-days Halloween Hop

1. Jackie says:

CUTE projects!

2. Marsha Reed says:

Love your projects, Buffy!

3. Stephanie O. says:

Greeting Card Kids is one of my favorite stamp sets. I love what you did with the little witch girl. Your coffin of candy is a very clever way to use the petite purse die. Great stuff Buffy!

4. darrah says:

So much cutting. So adorable and so much work.

5. Jackie says:

Wow! Darling stand up projects. I’m not good at those, so really admire your samples.

6. Linda says:

These are all SO cute. They might even convince me to do more fussy cutting!

7. Kath says:

As always you inspire! Love the Greeting Card Kid.

8. jlfstudio says:

Thanks Buffy for a great hop addtion! Love the tips and techniques you shared. Especially blowing up the little MDS witch to a larger size and the upside down purse as a coffin. So often my own purse is the last resting place of my few pennies that a coffin seems the perfect analogy! 😀

9. buffycooper says:

Thanks, everyone! I can’t wait for the next hop in early October! I already have one project finished. You all inspired me!

10. Diane Oliver says:

Buffy how cute are these projects! Love the Greeting Card Kids one. Can’t believe i JUST finally broke down and bought this set… but love how you used the MDS format! So clever. And the purse up-side-down coffin is tooooooo cute! Love it. Hugs.

11. I love all of your ideas! I am going to try the polka dot idea in class, thanks.

12. kaeleed says:

I’ve been trying for days to leave a comment here, but couldn’t remember my WordPress name & password (not even sure why I have one)…anyway, I love your projects, they’re even better than Shannon’s 🙂