Doesn’t that look lovely? In Virginia today there is snow and ice, so this looks like heaven right now! The Stampin’ Up!® Leadership convention in San Antonio is over, and while I had to cancel my trip, I was able to keep up with the news and live vicariously through friends. Here are some quick updates you’ll want to know about.
CATALOG CHANGES – The Idea Book & Catalog will now be known as the annual catalog. That’s a lot easier to say and type anyway, right? It will have fewer pages, but will still be packed with samples and beautiful Stampin’ Up!® stamp sets, ink, paper and accessories! Here are more changes –
- There will be two mini catalogs each year, and they’ll be bigger! They’ll be 8-1/2″ x 11″ and will have 8 more pages than they do now. The Spring mini will be active from January through May 2013, and the Holiday mini will be active from August 2012 through early January 2013 (so they’ll be active for 5 months instead of 4).
- While there will still be some holiday/season-specific products in the annual catalog, most of the time sensitive products will be in the minis.
- The annual catalog will be active from June 1, 2012 – May 31, 2013. (Note date changes!! Sets and accessories – including the 2010-12 In Colors – will be retiring/discontinuing May 31, 2012. I’ll let you know retirement info as soon as I get it, so keep watching here!)
- The Decor Elements and Simply Adorned lines will be discontinued May 31, 2012.
- There’s a set that’s been very popular in the UK catalog, and it was given to all leadership attendees last week. It’s called Everything Eleanor, and it will be in the US/CAN catalog in June. Here’s a little peek from the UK catalog.
Cute, huh? They gave away a lot of free products at the convention, but I’m trying not to think about it. I saved about $1500 by not going, and I can buy a lot of stamps for that, right? Plus, I can put what I saved toward convention in July. And new sets in the new catalogs!
FREE MDS TRIAL! – Beginning Feb. 1, 2012, you can download a free 30-day trial version of My Digital Studio. That’s so exciting, because I know a lot of people aren’t sure they’re going to like it or be able to use it. But it’s a lot of fun and quite user friendly, so I’m thrilled that you’ll be able to try it out before you take the plunge and purchase it.
NEW PRODUCT FOR THE SIMPLY SCORED TOOL – There will be an angled insert for scoring diagonal lines! This will make creating boxes and envelopes so easy. How many times have you wished you could quickly create your own envelope for a card? Now you can! The insert will be available March 1, and will be $11.95. It will also be in the catalog in June.
I think that’s all the “pertinent” news for now. Remember – if there are some decor elements or Simply Adorned products that you love, be sure to order them now. Once the word gets out that the lines are being discontinued, if people go crazy buying up products, they may be unavailable before the “retirement,” so don’t miss out.
I’ve been thinking about a “WOW” card for guys, and I think I’ve got it figured out! Check back later today or tomorrow to see it.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day.