Starting Monday, Nov. 22, we're having an Online Spectacular–a one-week sale with discounts up to 50 percent. It's so much better than Black Friday, because you don't have to leave your house, it's on all week, and you can shop in your pjs!
I won't know everything that's on sale until Monday, but here are a few teasers…
- My Digital Studio – 50 percent off!
- Designer Fabric – 50 percent off!
- Free shipping on online or demonstrator orders of $150 or more!
I'll have the entire list for you Monday.
And don't forget – the Handmade Holiday promotion with bundles at 20% savings is still going on.
Either a lovely decorated frame or a Simply Adorned necklace would make a lovely gift. The larger frame in the above photo, some Chocolate Chip flourishes and some punched flowers will make a quick and easy gift for less than $20! Just add your favorite photo. I can show you how, so give me a call for a demonstration.
And, of course, we have the incredible special on the demonstrator starter kit. Both kits – standard and digital – are 50% off – so you'll get over $300 in product for $87.50. I mean, wouldn't this be a great Christmas gift for you?
Now, on to our "project of the day…."
You knew we had Deck the Halls designer series paper and Deck the Halls fabric. But did you know we have Deck the Halls card stock? Well, we do. Kind of.
It is, of course, a digital download. I printed the Deck the Halls design on Whisper White card stock, then printed the box pattern (also a digital download) onto the unprinted side of the box. I added some Cherry Cobbler seam binding and a stamped tag.
This is perfect for a little gift for a co-worker, the mailman or the UPS guy, like –
- some jewelry. If you order the Simply Adorned bundle, create some inserts and package it all in this little box. There's even room for some extra baubles!
- a votive or tea light candles
- bag of mulling spices
Maybe I can get my UPS guy to actually smile if I give him a Christmas gift. Or, he may think I'm trying to bomb his truck. For some strange reason, he seems to be a bit afraid of me. *sigh* How can anyone be afraid of little old me? It's like being afraid of your grandmother, for Pete's sake. Well, maybe an aunt.
Here are the supplies for the box, and a recipe for mulling spices follows.
Stamp sets: Bells & Boughs, Winter Post
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso classic
Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake card stock
Other: My Digital Studio (and it can be yours, too!), Cherry Cobbler seam binding, decorative label punch, 1/16" circle punch, linen thread, MDS Downloads – Deck the Halls photocard digital kit, Mini Project Boxes
Sweetened Mulling Spices Recipe
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, optional
Mix together well and place in small cellophane bag – or a bag made with our fabulous Deck the Halls fabric (which, of course, you can purchase at 50% off next week). Tie tightly with linen thread, twine or other ribbon. To give as gifts add these instructions:
To make mulled wine or cider:
- Combine 1/4 cup of the mix with one cup red wine, apple cider, cranberry-apple juice, or other hot beverage.
- Add 1/4 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer five minutes.