Today was the first Christmas stamp-a-stack. What fun I had! I love watching a group of people take the same example and turn it into something of their own. I'm looking forward to "group 2" on Saturday.
Here are a couple samples I made when I got home. They're both splitcoast challenges this week. This one is the "sketch challenge."
I know I've said this before, but the challenges really help when you're not feeling that creative. And I think I left my "creative ideas notebook" in Mike's truck – so it was great to have a little springboard.
This uses Summer by the Sea. I love this set, and I'm hoping it makes it back into the Spring/Summer catalog. It's still available – just on the dormant list.
The little background flowers are from A Rose Is a Rose. I stamped the girl in Jet Black StazOn on watercolor paper, then watercolored her with an aqua painter and watercolor pencils and crayons. I stamped the Canvas background on the Kiwi strip in Kiwi Kiss, and crimped the Orchid Opulence strip, then dragged it through the same color ink. And, of course, I had to add a little glitter to the flowers and butterflies.
The second one was the color challenge. The colors were Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette and Chocolate Chip.
I haven't used the Fresh Cuts set for awhile, so I dug it out tonight. I wanted to do something a little different, so I stamped the background in Kiwi Kiss on Confetti Cream. Then I used the aqua painter to blend and blur the ink, and to add some Pink Pirouette to the flowers. I used a few drops of refill for this. You can squeeze your stamp pad together and use the ink in the lid to watercolor with. For light colors, though, I put a couple drops of refill in the lid and pick that up with the water brush.
The flowers are Flower Fusion Too Accents & Elements, and they're held together with Vintage brads. I have loads of retired colored eyelets and even some shaped ones from many years ago, but no current "metallic" ones. So I finally broke down and ordered some. I like the antique brass ones, so that's what's in the top corner. Before putting everything together, I distressed the edges of the cream card stock with the cutter kit.
The vine on the bottom is stamped in Chocolate Chip, and the designer paper is from the Bella Rose colection.
Tomorrow, my planned project is to make a desk calendar with the "Create a Calendar" kit from the Holiday mini. If it goes well, I'll post it. If not….well, you'll know, because you won't see it. And Jonathan is doing better, if you're wondering. His foot was pretty sprained, but I did manage to get him to stay off of it last night (for several hours, anyway), and to keep it propped up with ice. Wesley, of course, is always fine. He backed the Expedition out of the driveway like a pro (and if you've seen our driveway, you know that's not the easiest thing in the world). He had to maneuver between Mike's car, Jonathan's car and Mike's truck. I've found he does much better if I keep quiet–again, not the easiest thing in the world – but I did manage.
Don't forget the Stampin' Up!®
birthday special this month, as well as the great hostess promotion. (Hostess a $350 or more workshop and select a set from the Fall/Winter Sampler free – in addition to all the regular hostess benefits you receive.) Call or e-mail me to schedule your workshop!